DERP is dedicated to supporting your survivors upon your death and to provide timely and thorough information. It’s important to share and review this section with your beneficiaries so they know what to do upon your passing.
Reporting a Death
It’s very important to notify DERP of the death of a retired member to prevent overpayment of the DERP Pension Benefit. Any overpayments made to a deceased member must be repaid, even if you are a beneficiary eligible to receive ongoing payments.
Email Help@DERP.org as soon as possible to notify DERP of the death of a retiree.
You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Full name, address, and birth date
- Date of death
- DERP ID or the last four numbers of the Social Security Number
- Your relationship to the deceased
- Primary contact in case more information is required
- Full name, address, and phone number
Refer to the DERP Plus Benefits Death page for more information.